Science Day is a big event at Magnolia! We need about 20 more volunteers to help make this day a success! To volunteer, please use this link http://www.volunteerspot.com to sign up!
Also, if you are interested in helping organize this event next year, please contact Melissa Genewich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Valley is hosting a Parent Night at Valley on March 10th. This is for Parents ONLY. Please view the flyer below for more information. Also, students will be visiting Valley on March 10th 8:30-11 am. Please have your student to school on time to ensure they don't miss out on some valuable information!
5th Grade Parent Nite Flyer 2015
5th Grade Parent Nite Flyer span 2015
* Every Thursday is early dismissal. Pick up time is 1:35 pm.
* March 10th- 6th Grade Parent Night at Valley Middle School. (Parents ONLY!) 6:30 pm
* March 12th- Science Day
* March 17th- Talent Show Auditions
* March 19-27 Parent/Teacher Conferences (early release schedule)
* April 6-10- Spring Break (no school)
* April 17- Magnolia Talent Show
* May 25- Memorial Day (no school)
* June 4th- Field Day
* June 10th- 5th grade Promotion
* June 11- Last day of school!
Intra District Transfer Information
Is your child currently attending Magnolia? Have you recently moved outside the Magnolia attendance area but within CUSD boundaries? If the answer is yes, you must complete an intradistrict transfer application for consideration to remain at Magnolia for 2015-16. Online applications are available at www.carlsbadusd.k12.ca.us (click on “Parent Resources” tab). If your child already has an approved intradistrict transfer you DO NOT need to reapply unless your child will be entering middle school and you do not live in the Valley Middle School attendance area. The deadline to submit an intradistrict transfer application is MARCH 31, 2015. If the deadline is missed, your child will be assigned to your neighborhood school.
* To determine and locate the school your child is to attend, please use this link to determine your home school:
If you have not received a Pause for the Cause Tax Receipt, and would like one, please email email@example.com with subject line "Paws receipt please". If you have not yet contributed, and would like to, it's not too late! Forms are located in the Front Office and all amounts are appreciated!
We would love you to volunteer at Magnolia, but don’t forget that you must do the following:
- Complete a Volunteer Application, provide a copy of your current TB test (within the last 4 years) and provide a copy of your driver's license. Return these 3 items to the Magnolia office. These steps must be completed every year, even if you have volunteered in the past. We do not keep records, including TB tests, from year to year. Please contact the office if you have any questions. Thank you!
We would love you to drive on a field trip at Magnolia, but don’t forget that you must do the following:
- Complete a Field Trip Driver Application and bring a copy of your insurance declaration page to the Magnolia office. We do not keep old applications. Please contact the office if you have any questions. Thank you!
Type to Learn is a program that students use at school in both the classroom and computer lab to practice crucial typing skills as we move forward with online testing. Click here TTL4 School to Home to access the download instructions for your students to log in at home and practice! Students in 2nd-5ht grades should be familiar with this program and be ready to log in once downloaded to your at home computer.
Have fun and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!